Collaborator at MIT, Cambridge 2011 – present
- Collaborating with visiting scholar at MIT Writing and Humanities/Comparative Media Studies on electronic literature.
Owner at Au Courant Music, New York 2005 – present
- Compose music for films, commercials and TV programs.
- Clients included Discovery HD, Discovery Science, History Channel, TNT, PBS, FOX, Speed Channel etc.
- Saturday Night Live, NBC (Katreese Barnes, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Kenan Thompson)
Music Producer / Audio Engineer at EL Records, New York 2005 – 2008
- Work consists of utilizing Pro Tools, Logic Audio and Ableton Live for composing, programming & engineering music.
- Clients included Natasha Bedingfield, Patrick Leonard, Ernie Lake.
Composer / Sound Designer at Wax Music & Sound Design, New York 2002 – 2005
- Compose music for commercials for National TV.
- Clients included Victoria’s Secret, Folgers.
Artist / Producer at Proforma Records, New York 1999 – 2002
- Composed, programmed & engineered artist albums utilizing Pro Tools, Logic Audio and other various DAWs.
- Artists include Lou Christie, Boris Grebenshikov, Auktyon, Dmitri Strizhov.
recommendation for this position
“Taras is amongst a select group of people who are incredibly technically proficient and creatively gifted. It’s a very rare combination. He has a unique vision and understanding of sound–in the broadest sense of that word, which is not limited to just music, but the soundscape in total. He is also a very efficient and easy-going person, which makes for a very good working dynamic.”
Sasha Tochilovsky, Art Director/Designer, Proforma Records
worked directly with Taras at Proforma Records
Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University (PSLU)
- BA Linguistics & Cross-cultural Communications 1993 – 1998
recommendation for this education
“I met Taras 19 years ago while we were both students. He was a brilliant musician at that time and has continued to grow his amazing talent with his widely varied compositions. His sizable creative and musical talent, drive and ambition command respect. I offer my highest recommendation both personally and professionally and look forward to enjoying many more of his successes.”
Trudie Giordano, Student, University of Alaska Fairbanks
Films & TV
Composed and programmed music as well as sound design for short film and animation in Pro Tools Environments.
Work consists of utilizing Pro Tools and Logic Audio for composing, programming and engineering music and sound design.